Open your mind, body and senses to the aromatic, soothing, comforting effects of iJuice Essentials Lavender Essential Oil—Lavandula angustifolia—an experience you and your senses will appreciate!
If you’ve never considered or investigated the health benefits of the essential oil lavender, then it’s time to do so, and iJuice Essentials Lavender Oil is a great place to start!
What is iJuice Lavender Essential Oil?
Lavender oil is extracted from lavender plant flowers, and has traditionally been used in the making of perfumes. Lavare is the Latin name of lavender, and it means “to wash,” indicating the clean aroma of lavender.
Lavender has been used for over 2,500 years—from those living in ancient civilizations clear up through today. In fact, Ancient Persians, Greeks and Romans added lavender flowers to their bathwater in order to help wash and purify their skin, while Phoenicians, Arabians and Egyptians used lavender as a perfume as well as the mummification process.
Likewise, in ancient Greece and Rome, lavender was regarded as an all-around “health supporter,” and in Medieval and Renaissance Europe, lavender was often scattered on stone floors in castles—used as a disinfectant and deodorant.
Lavender’s color can range from a pale yellow to yellow-green or can be colorless, and has a pleasantly soothing, floral, sweet and slightly woody scent to it.
Lavender, like other essential oils, can cross the blood-brain barrier to work its health benefits.
And just what is the blood-brain barrier? The blood-brain barrier surrounds the brain and filters out most substances, thereby protecting the brain. Essential oils can make it through, however, allowing these precious oils to perform their health benefits.
iJuice Lavender essential oil has many benefits and uses, including the following:
- Helps to ease feelings of tension
- Is widely used for its calming and relaxing attributes
- Can be used to freshen linen closet, mattress, car or the air with a light mist of lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of lavender to pillows, bedding or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections
- Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to temples and the back of the neck.
- Use in cooking to add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods and desserts or to soften citrus flavors.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings or for a peaceful sleep.