Health and Nutritional Benefits of Jalapeno
Jalapeno is one type of chili that very popular in North America. In fact, it is present in almost every American cuisine. Jalapeno peppers came from Mexico, the name of “jalapeno” is taken from the name of the provincial capital. Jalapeno was cultivating by local people since centuries ago. Then when spines explorer, this varieties pepper were introduced all over the world.
Jalapeno pepper is a small plants that can grow to a height of 1 meter. It grows fertility on dry soils, fertile, and getting enough sunlight, and moisture. These are some main factors that effect on the development its leaves, flowers, and fruits. In the science of Botany, Jalapeno pepper known as one of the nightshade family and genus capsicum.
The scientific name for Jalapeno peppers is Capsicum annum. Also see: Nutrition Value of Mushrooms Jalapeno pepper contain many essential nutrients to help human health. Among the nutrients are antioxidants such as vitamin A, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, alpha-carotene, and cryptoxanthin. These antioxidants are important to protect the body from the harmful effects of free acids. Besides that, nutrients that found in Jalapeno peppers are anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, anti-diabetic and analgesics.
Based on laboratory results, the content is helpful for lowering bad cholesterol in the body. Jalapeno chilies also contain pyridoxine, vitamin K, vitamin E. The benefits of vitamin K is to increase bone mass. Jalapeno pepper is also good for elderly to lower the risk of Alzheimer’s by preventing nerve damage in the brain.
10 Health Benefits of Jalapeno Pepper
1. Lose weight Jalapeno pepper contain a chemical called capsaicin, the substance that gives the effect of hot chili peppers. This content is good for weight loss even capsaicin is widely used in various slimming products. The workings of capsaicin to lose weight by burning fat and calories. See more: White tea health benefits for weight loss
2. Killing cancer cells Capsaicin not only useful to loses weight but also beneficial to kill cancer cells. It is a result of research conducted by British scientists at the University of Nottingham, as well as the results of a study done by the American Association for Cancer Research. According to him, particularly it is associated with prostate cancer cells. Hopefully, jalapeno peppers can be powerful medicine for cancer!
3. Treating Arthritis Jalapeno pepper health benefits are also actively treating arthritis. It is thanks to the anti-inflammatory contents therein. Jalapeno pepper important in relieving the pain of arthritis, then you can save some of this chili at home as medicine. Also see: The Health Benefits of Paprika
4. Nasal Congestion Paprika has a hot flavor, and it contains a chemical called Capsaicin. The content of the Chili plays the role as sinus cleaning, air duct cleaning can even preventing sinus infections. With the help of Jalapeno peppers, you can breathe a sigh more relieved and relaxed.
5. Overcoming Headaches Jalapeno pepper is rich in nutrients such as capsaicin which is able to block neuropeptide, a substance which is detected as the cause of headaches. So, its be the best remedy for relieving headaches? Try to overcome your troubles with some Jalapeno.
6. High blood pressure The health benefits of Jalapeno peppers can also cope with high blood pressure, thanks to many essential nutrients in it. Like vitamin A, vitamin C and flavonoids. Also see: Home Remedies to Lower Blood Pressure
7. Ulcers Prevention Jalapeno pepper can not cure an ulcers, but can be a major barrier towards cause ulcers. Jalapeno is a spicy chili-containing anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Consuming jalapeno can kill harmful bacteria in the intestines and stomach. So, it can avoid ulcers.
8. Heart attack Many studies show that countries with low rates of heart attacks are those who make chili as the main ingredient in cooking. So, one health benefits of Jalapeno peppers are against a heart attack. While other studies have shown that consuming chili can prevent the buildup of fibrin, It is the main factor that cause blood clots. This research is appropriate even supports the previous studies, because one of the causes of heart attacks are blood clots occur so that blood is blocked to the heart.
9. Eliminate excess fluid Excess fluid in the body is bad for health, especially for heart and breathing. Excessive fluid will accumulates around the heart so it is potential for damage the heart. Then, this problem could also be a problem for lungs health, and it is cause difficulty in breathing. Difficult in breathing, swelling of the ankles are some symptoms of excess fluid in the body. If you are experiencing with this issue, immediately contact your doctor and ask about Jalapeno peppers because these foods can put out a lot of sweat. The more you sweat, the more fluid excreted from your body.
10. Containing antioxidant The existence of some flavonoids and vitamin E in Jalapeno Peppers act as antioxidants. These antioxidants work to fight cancer cells and treatment of cells damage.